Whitney Erwin, M.Ed., CMT, is from the Shenandoah Valley and loves providing services in the healing arts at Four Seasons Harmony. Her background includes:
- Licensed & Certified Massage Therapist
- Ayurvedic Health Educator (AHE) & Lifestyle Consultant
- B.A. with Honors from the Institute of American Indian Arts
- Masters in Education (M.Ed.) from Loyola University Maryland
- Graduate of Crestone Healing Arts Center's Massage School
- Massage Certifications in Hot Stone, Geothermal Therapy, Prenatal Massage, & Reiki
- Ayurvedic Certifications in Pulse Assessment, Fertility, Postpartum Care, & Menopause with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association
- Pharmacy of Flowers Aromatherapy Course with David Crow, L.Ac., Master Herbalist & Aromatherapist
- Advanced Certification in Peaceful Touch for 3-7 year olds from the Santa Fe School of Massage
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage with Infant Massage, USA
- Association Montessori International Primary diploma to work with 2 1/2 - 6 year old children
- Extensive dance & gymnastics training from early childhood through adulthood
- Extensive national & international work in Herbology and Organic Agriculture
- Professional violinist
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association
- Member of the National Collegiate Society of Scholars through merit-based collegiate study
- Yoga studies for over 15 ongoing years, including advanced Vedanta Certifications
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Whitney Erwin of Four Seasons Harmony has healing hands. I had a 90 minute massage with her and she is an amazing, intuitive, gifted therapist. I had been under a lot of stress and also have chronic foot pain and balance problems due to peripheral neuropathy. Whitney used a variety of techniques and spent at least 20 minutes on my feet. The next morning I got out of the shower and closed my eyes while drying my hair and realized I had stood without holding onto anything for support. I had not been able to do that in years. Go see Whitney. You'll be in a restful, restorative atmosphere and in the hands of the best massage therapist I've ever had.
-M.W., Massage Therapy Client
I started seeing Whitney because I was experiencing problems with my menstrual cycles, insomnia, stress and intense pain in my back. As a graduate student, my time is very limited but I gave it a try because I was desperate to get better. Whitney's hands and treatment have been phenomenal. After 3 sessions, I have been extremely happy with the results. My menstrual cycle is back to normal, I no longer have trouble falling asleep, and the pain in my back has been greatly reduced. I think the best part is getting out of her office feeling as if I was walking in the clouds. I can't wait to go back!
-A.S., Massage Therapy & Ayurvedic Consultation Client
Whitney is a blessing! She is a talented massage therapist and naturally gifted in the Ayurveda approach with education, food, lifestyle, and herbs for healthy living for the unique person. She is both profoundly educated and intuitive, a rare combination to find. Her acupressure and energy work is amazing as well. I highly recommend Whitney for anyone who needs body care or healing.
-M.P., Massage Therapy & Ayurvedic Consultation Client
Whitney’s step-by-step progression through introducing Ayurvedic lifestyle practices and the science behind them has been perfect for me, giving me time to adapt mindfully to changes. I feel better than I have in my entire adult life, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am currently off of medication for autoimmune disease, have had only rare, short-lived, mild symptoms of fibromyalgia and am experiencing a zest for life that I did not know was possible. Whitney infuses everything she says with joy and reverence, and has even brought nature into our Skype sessions by working from the arboretum!
-J.K., Distance Ayurvedic Consultation Client
We are doing infant massage for our 4 month old and we love it! Whitney offers classes for you to learn how to do the massage techniques with your baby. She does a demo and explanation on a doll baby while you massage your baby. It took 3 sessions to learn the full body baby massage. It's been a nice way for me to have bonding time with my baby since going back to work. She's also a great choice for a mommy massage if your shoulders and back are sore like mine from stress, working, nursing, baby carrying, etc.
-A.W., Infant Massage & Massage Therapy Client
The combination of knowledge, skill, and personalized care Whitney offers is unique. Making the commitment to see her regularly has been instrumental in my improved well being, and one of the best investments I've made in self-care.
-J.R., Massage Therapy & Ayurvedic Consultation Client
Whitney has a special gift in calming and relaxing before I got on the table. The stone massage was wonderful. I appreciated the use of Essential Oils (yes, she asked first) and the sharing of information after the work. Wonderful experience.
-P.C., Massage Therapy & Ayurvedic Consultations
I normally don't get massages, maybe once a year. However after a week of a painful and stubborn trigger point, I decided to go for a hot stone massage at Four Seasons Harmony. Whitney is an AMAZING therapist, full of knowledge and well-rounded techniques. She did a wonderful job working out all my trigger points and stress from work...The environment is very beautiful and calming the moment you walk into the studio. She answered questions professionally with patience, honesty and great advice for a holistic body and mind. She has strong listening and communication with her clients on what they need to work on. She uses various techniques to make you feel amazing at the end. I Highly recommend her!!!
-A.A., Massage Therapy Client
Whitney really knows her stuff! I got a hot rock massage from her and felt amazing for days! I definitely recommend Whitney!
-J.P., Massage Therapy Client
I received a wonderful and much needed prenatal massage from Whitney! She knew the precise points where I'd probably have sore muscles. Very professional and courteous, she made me feel totally comfortable! Can't wait for my next massage!
-L.W., Prenatal Massage Therapy Client